Baked Brie or Camembert and Honey
This is where Antheion’s special honeys shine – with soft cheeses. Bake brie or camembert at 180 Celsius for 8 – 15 minutes, depending on the size of cheese. We just want the cheese to be very soft. Drizzle honey over it and use as a spread on bread or crackers. Add garnishes such as rosemary, almonds, raisins, etc… whatever you have in your kitchen. honey and enjoy!
Fresh figs and Goat cheese with honey
If you are lucky enough to have some fresh figs at the right time of year, adding some soft cheese such as goat cheese or chevre with a little honey makes for a simple, delicious dessert!
Baked Pears with Walnuts and Honey
2 large ripe pears
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp honey
1/4 cup crushed walnuts or almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
2. Cut the pears in half and place on a baking sheet (I cut a sliver off the bottom so they sat upright).
3. Using a measuring spoon or melon baller, scoop out the seeds.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon, top with walnuts and drizzle 1/2 teaspoon honey over each one.
5. Bake in the oven 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Remove, let cool, drizzle additional honey and enjoy!
Grilled Peaches (or nectarines) with cinnamon, honey and ricotta
4 peaches, halved and the pit removed
3/4 cup ricotta
2 teaspoons honey, plus more for drizzling on top
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling on top
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a small bowl mix/fold together the ricotta, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla.
2. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Preheat your grill or pan to medium high heat.
4. Brush a little oil or melted butter onto the cut side of the peaches.
5. Place the peaches cut side down onto the hot grill or pan.
6. Grill the peaches for about 3 minutes or until they are warm and marked.
7. Top the peaches with the cinnamon honey ricotta mixture.
8. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with more honey.
Greek Yogurt and Honey
This is very simple and great dish for breakfast or even a late night snack. Greek yogurt is unique in its creaminess and tangy flavor – a wonderful combination with aromatic Greek honeys.